Thursday, August 31, 2006

Sleeping Beauty


This is currently one of my favorite layouts. Unfortunately, this scan is dark and it just doesn't do the layout justice. I completed this a few weeks ago, although the picture is a few months old. Ella was around 2 months old when this photo was taken. I remember being so in awe of this photo. Ella had very bad colic, as well as allergies to soy and milk. There were times I thought she'd never be happy! But she was so peaceful and beautiful when she was sleeping. And now that she's so much older, I miss those newborn moments. Kids just grow up too fast!

Journaling reads:

My sweet, precious Ella. This is my favorite picture of you so far. You are sto angelic, peaceful, tiny, and fresh. Tiny face, tiny fingers, delicate eyelashes, delicate nose. Such a nice moment amidst the overall loudness of your first few months! The only time we see you in a peaceful moment is when you are sleeping. And when I see you like this, it makes all of the unpleasantness go away. I love you so much. I am so thankful for you and so grateful that God gave you to me. I know that one day I will look back at this picture with longing for the days of your infanthood. You are my sweet girl, Ella, and you always will be.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, friend!! You are so talented-I could never put something like that together, maybe I should hire you to do my albums! Love you!

Melissa said...

Thanks friend! You probably wouldn't want to pay me what I charge! LOL!! Actually, I'm doing an album for someone right now and I ask $15 for a 2pg spread. That includes supplies. As of right now, she has 18 layouts for me. Should be some big bucks! I'm lucky that I get to make money doing what I love.

Oh-and yes, you could scrapbook like this. It just takes studying the magazines and trends and then going for it!