Wednesday, May 16, 2007

My Randomness Abounds

So in an effort to make this blog about something other than Mommy Talk, I give you, random facts about the last week.

1. Last Wednesday, Todd worked a 13-hour day. We were very excited for him to get some extra hours in, since we are trying to save up $1,000 for a new engine in his car.

2. Did I mention that Todd's car needs a new engine? And how much will that cost? Yes, that's right. $1,000. Geez.

3. Friday morning I went over to a friend's house and helped her out for a few hours. She's on bedrest and has 2 kids, so she's pretty much relying on others to help her get things done.

4. Friday night was supposed to be a Body Shop party, but it turned into a catalog party with more than $400 in sales! Easiest hundred bucks I've ever made.

5. To celebrate the catalog party, I took the girls to meet up with some friends at McD's. They were starting the Sh*rek 3 happy meals that night, and Emma was all about the Sh*rek happy meals. I got to hear the talking Sh*rek, all. the. way. home.

6. Saturday was a nice day. Sun was shinning, family was happy. We spent the day gettings some things done around the house and then enjoyed an evening with my parents. My mom and dad brought us a new-to-us entertainment cabinet, and we were ever-so-happy to retire the top-half of a broken armoir that we'd been using to house our tv. We're moving up in the world!

7. Sunday was Mother's Day and we had such a nice time together. After church, my parents treated us to a buffet lunch at a nice hotel and banquet center down the road. Afterwards, we walked down to the other end of the hotel to check out the INDOOR*WATER PARK. People, we have an INDOOR*WATER PARK a mile from our house. Emma was beside herself and Ella started crying when we left. They both wanted to get in the water immediately. It's a small park, but perfect for little kids; they have a special section that doesn't get deeper than 18 inches. Todd and I hope to take the kids there someday.

8. Monday was spent at my above-mentioned friend's house. I kept after 4 kids, did her laundry, cooked dinner, picked up after the kids, changed her son's clothes after he messed in his und*er*we*ar, and basically never sat down for 8 hours. We got back home at 8:30pm. I practically threw Ella in her crib and Emma begged for a bowl of cereal (her favorite bedtime snack.) I sat down to read email, and before I knew it, Emma was asleep on the couch, cereal bowl in her lap. What a day!

Yesterday was a day of recovery. After the last MOPS meeting of the year, we came home and just chilled. After I got the girls to bed, I got to work on a scrapbook that I'm putting together for someone. It's about 8-10 hrs worth of work that I have to have done by Thursday evening. I'm about a third of the way done, and all I can say is, it's going to be a late night tonight!

Well I'm all out of words. I know, finally. You won't have to suffer again for at least a few more days.

Oh- I almost forgot.
My parents are getting a new puppy! Those of you who know my parents, know why this is such a big deal. I never thought I'd see the day when they'd get another dog. And even I, non-pet person that I am, have to admit that she is cute!

No comments: