Friday, June 15, 2007

My sweet girl

Yesterday I just didn't feel well. I've been fighting a stomach bug for a few days and by the end of the day, I was just exhausted. Every night when I tuck Emma in bed, she says the same thing. "Mom, what's tomorrow?" Last night was no different.

I have to admit, I get tired of this question. I don't always have an answer. Emma and I have just started saying, "Tomorrow is going to be a plain day." That means that there is nothing "exciting" planned for the day.

So last night, after hearing this question, I told her that tomorrow was going to be a surprise but she needed to go to sleep to be ready for it. Then I told her that Mommy wasn't feeling well and she should pray to Jesus that I would feel better so that we could go to our surprise. "Ok, mommy," she said.

Fast forward to this morning. Emma walks out of her bedroom this morning, fully clothed and ready for the day. Half awake, Emma asks, "What's the surprise? I'm ready for the surprise!" You can't get anything past this girl!

The surprise was to go to the park. But I wasn't feeling well and Todd ended up taking the girls to the park while I got ready for the day. The girls had a good time and as Todd was leaving to go to work, Emma heard me thanking him for taking the girls so that I had a little more time to feel better. After he left, Emma said to me, "Mommy, I prayed to Jesus that you would feel better." Well, talk about being stopped in your tracks. I was surprised that she had remembered our conversation the night before and quite touched that she would actually pray for me. My girl is so sweet and so sensitive to God and a relationship with Him. I pray that she continues to be so open to His leading and His working in her heart.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sweet-those moments are worth everything! Thanks for your comment-I can't wait to get my "planner"!

Barb said...

Hi Melissa,

I'm new to your blog, so I'm not sure how old your little girl is, but yes indeed, she's very sweet.

It's so hard when Mommy doesn't feel well, isn't it?

Thank you for your sweet comment and I wanted to assure you that your name is in the hat for the wedding favor giveaway going on at my place.