Monday, September 17, 2007

Nice Matters

A big thanks goes out to my Sister-in-law, Chanda, for bestowing my 1st blog award to me! Chanda and I have had a chuckle over this award, and we've come to the conclusion that it just means we are nice people. I've been told that I need to pass it on, so in the spirit of the award, I'm going to give you some links to people that I think are really nice too. Please go check out their blogs and leave them a comment to let them know you stopped by. Bloggers love comments! Hey, leave me one too while you're at it!

So here's where it gets hard. Anyone listed in my sidebar could receive this award, as I typically don't list people who are mean. And some of them have already gotten the award, one of them several times, so that would just be silly to bestow it upon them a 6th or 7th time. So, I'm going to link you to folks that you may not know. Blogs that I find interesting. Blogs that touch my heart. Hope you enjoy the linkage!

I actually just stumbled upon The Homespun Heart for the 1st time today. I was immediately drawn to the layout of the blog, as well as the content. Monica looks like she truly has the gift of hospitality and is a pro with the details. Plus, I'm really loving her Homespun Christmas Trees and ornaments. So cute!

Amy's Humble Musings has been a favorite of mine for a long time. She and her family are trading in their sunny Florida home for a farm in Kentucky. She's also expecting baby #6 in November. But I really love all the links that she posts in her sidebar. If you're looking for thought-provoking, go visit Amy.

The next couple of links aren't blogs, but they are websites that I've been enjoying lately. Nemia Creative is a classy website that offers one of a kind holiday cards and birth announcements. The designs are unique and contemporary, and the cards are high quality. You can choose from a traditional one-sided photo card or an actual folded card, printed both inside and out. Personalize it with your photo and greeting, and you're guaranteed to have "the" Christmas card that everyone remembers this year!

Recently I've had a hankering for a much simpler life, and Mary Jane's Farm has been doing a great job of filling that need in my life! For my birthday last week, I received a wonderful gift box from the farm, complements of my Mom and Dad. If you're looking for organic mixes and items to help make a more simple home, you've found just the place. While you're there, pick up a copy of their apron patterns. They make me want to get out my sewing machine and put one together, and I haven't sewn in a few years!

And last, but not least, I give you Simpler Times Village. Let's all start practicing our "Oohs and Awws", because that's exactly what you're going to do when you take a look at this village. It's an old-fashioned town that's going to be built next year, all around the idea of creating a small community where the people rely on each other. You know, reviving the concept of knowing thy neighbor. The town will be set up so that residents can walk to the shops they need to purchase from. There will also be small farms and work/live homes in the town. You just have to go visit to see what I'm talking about.

Well that's all for now folks. When you've visited everyone above, please do visit the folks in my sidebar. Because they're my favorites and that's why they stay there. Hope you found a new favorite or two today yourself!

No comments: