Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Back to our Regular Schedule

Well, it was nice while it lasted. Todd returned to his regular, 2nd shift schedule after a nice 2 months on the 1st shift. It really isn't that bad. I've gotten used to it over the past year and a half. But for some reason it's really throwing me for a loop today!

This day just seems to be dragging on and on. It's probably because it got off to such an early start. Emma was up half the night with a horrible cough and fever. Of course, she's the good sleeper of my two girls, so Ella was up a good bit too from all of the commotion. I think I was actually awake from 3:30am- 5:30am, only to have Ella awake for the day an hour later. It was all I could do not to be grumpy this morning!

I left the house with Ella at 8:30 and headed to MOPS. This was my week to lead the meeting, and I wanted to get there a bit early. I actually was really thankful for Todd's new schedule at this point, because I wouldn't have been able to go at all with Emma being sick if he hadn't been home. MOPS was great as always. We had a very sweet, funny woman talk about teaching our children about purity. She had some great tips and a lot of wit thrown in, so I had no trouble staying awake.

I got home around noon, fed the family lunch, and put Ella down for a nap. Emma actually fell asleep at this point and I had a few moments of quiet. I talked to my sister-in-law for a while, and another friend too, but since dinner time, it has felt like 4 hours instead of 2. The girls are eating their bedtime snack, and I'm goint to sneak in a strength training workout before watching a little tv and going to bed!

No comments: