Thursday, August 17, 2006

My Sweetheart

On August 11, Todd and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary. I can't help but think about how fast the years have gone! When I think back on that day 5 years ago, I have such fond memories.

It had been such a HOT week in Chicago. We felt like we were literally melting away in the days leading up to the wedding. But on our wedding day, the weather was perfect. It cooled down to the low 80's. The sun was shining. Add in a beautiful dress, a serene church, family and friends, fabulous food, and the city of Chicago, and it was as perfect as I could ask for! What an exciting feeling as Todd and I rode away in a horse-drawn carriage to start our new lives together.

Well, it hasn't been perfect along the way, but I wouldn't change a thing. We are such different people than we were back then. More mature, more grown up. We've relocated 2 times. Moved 5 times. Called 3 different churches, "home." Made a ton of new friends. Given birth to 2 babies. Struggled with finances and jobs. But we've done it all together. And that makes the hard times sweeter.

To celebrate 5 yrs, Todd and I went to see Jars of Clay, Third Day, and Michael W. Smith in concert. It was so much fun to be outside, enjoying the mild weather, all without our children! Seriously, we hardly ever get to be without the children, so this was a huge treat. We felt young again! :)

I'm so thankful to God for the past 5 years and I pray that I will be blessed to share many more years with my sweetheart.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You guys are so sweet and I love you! I'm glad you had a fun anniversary!