Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Have you read these?

I found this meme on one the blogs I've been visiting during the blog party. Here goes!

Underline or put an asterisk next to all those books whose movies you have seen. Bold or highlight the ones you've read in a different color.


1. Heidi (Johanna Spyri) **

2. Pride and Prejudice (Jane Austen)

3 To Kill A Mockingbird (Harper Lee)

4. Gone With The Wind (Margaret Mitchell)

5. The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King (Tolkien) **

6. The Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring (Tolkien)**

7. The Lord of the Rings: Two Towers (Tolkien)**

8. Anne of Green Gables (L.M. Montgomery) **(about 100 times!!)

9. Jane Eyre (Charlotte Bronte)

10. Anne of Avonlea (L.M. Montgomery) **

11.The Catcher in the Rye (J.D. Salinger)

12. Little Women (Louisa May Alcott)**

13 Wuthering Heights (Emily Bronte)

14. The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe (C. S. Lewis) **

15. Chariots of Fire (Clarence E. MacArtney) **

16. 1984 (Orwell)

17. The Count of Monte Cristo (Alexandre Dumas)

18. The Grapes of Wrath (John Steinbeck) **

19. The Great Gatsby (Fitzgerald) ** (I did a 20-page research paper on this one in college!)

20. War and Peace (Tolsoy)

21. Quo Vadis (Sienkiewicz)** (unfortunately, I've seen this movie. Thought it was boring!)

22. The Hunchback of Notre Dame (Victor Hugo)

23. The Robe (Douglas)

24. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn (Betty Smith)

25. The Story of A Soul (St. Therese)

Ok, so maybe I have some reading to do! I've seen quite a few of these in movie form, but haven't read nearly as many. Maybe it's time I head to the library!

1 comment:

marlise said...

Very interesting. In fact, I think I'm gonna steal it for my blog. I hope you don't mind.