Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Life just keeps on truckin

Princesses A and E pose for the camera.


Yes, we are very proud of how we look.



Am I the only one out here who can't believe it's March already? I mean, the older I get, the faster life seems to go. Remember when it used to seem like an eternity between each birthday? These days I think I'd like to add a few more years in between each one.



Life has been fairly busy around this household. Weekends seem to be the worst. We try to cram so much into them, that we end up not really relaxing like we should.



Friday was a fun day. A friend gave me some free tickets to "Disney on Ice, Princess Wishes." Free tickets? Are you kidding? WE HAD A BLAST! And this is where I was so thankful that my DH works 2nd shift. I left Ella at home and invited Emma to bring a friend. The girls got dressed up in princess dresses, complete with turtlenecks and leggings underneath. Because a princess isn't a princess without the right turtleneck under her dress. ( Memories of my childhood Halloween outings in Michigan come running back. Can we say "arguements every year" because Mom always made us put our winter coats on OVER our costumes? I have turned into my mother, but I at least put the extra layes UNDER the costumes.)



Anyway, much fun was had by all and much money was spent as well. They had all kinds of fun souvenirs, but I would've had to offer up my next child as an offering to the Disney empire in order to purchase any. I mean, come on. $20 for a PROGRAM? $10 for a SNOWCONE? That she will then go on to spill all over her turtleneck and dress? I don't think so.



Friday continued to be busy, as I had a GNO (Body shop Girls' Night Out) to do and dropped the kids off at a friend's house.



Saturday morning I headed off to my church for our Spring Mom 2 Mom sale. I rented a table to try to get rid of some of the clothes that the girls have grown out of. I did ok, but not great. After paying the table fee and spending about $20 shopping, I only ended up with about $30 to take home.



Saturday and Sunday were filled up with more GNO's and church, of course. I have never been so glad to walk in the door on Sunday night and just sit with my family. I was exhausted! Hopefully I've learned my lesson and I won't book my schedule quite as full again.



And here we are, halfway through the week already. For those of you who watch CNN or any other national news, you may have seen some headlines about a missing woman and a husband who did away with her and then did some disgusting things to her before disposing of her. Ok, I'm being vague because I don't want any google searches to end up here! Anyway, if you know what I'm talking about, all of that happened about 15 minutes from where I live. And it has everyone here very disturbed. The media is having a field day with this story, oonstantly interupting througout the day to show live coverage of the manhunt, capture, booking, etc. of the man who committed the crime. A friend of mine even knew this woman- she used to work with her. So it's been filling our minds and hearts this week and all I can say is...sad. And shake my head. It's just so sad.



On a more positive note, I'm having fun at the blog party this week! Meeting lots of new people and enjoying a momentary distraction from the daily blahs that are March in Michigan.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I sure understand how fast the time goes! I can hardly believe my oldest is in college, my youngest is nine and we've been married almost 20 years!
We went to a couple Disney on Ice when my oldest was little! They were great fun! I so agree that everything is so overpriced! Why do they have to do that?? Pix of the girls are too cute! Such pretty princesses!