Wednesday, April 11, 2007

On My Mind Lately

There are 2 women who've been on my heart and on my mind lately. I've shared a little about Amy before, and she definitely needs our continued prayers. Last night I heard about Heather. I just keep shaking my head. There are some people out there dealing with some pretty big things, and it just makes the struggles in my life seem so much smaller.

Both of these women are my age. Amy is battling AML, a form of leukemia, and is currently in the middle of a round of chemo after undergoing her 2nd bone marrow transplant. This is a really extreme form of treatment and she is very ill as a result of it, but moreso as a result of her disease.

Heather was diagnosed yesterday with brain cancer. She's still meeting with doctors to figure out what the next step is. Both of these women have children. Please go visit their websites and pray as you feel led. Even though I don't know them personally, I know they would appreciate the prayers and support.

No comments: