Monday, April 07, 2008

A Lot on my Mind

I have a lot on my mind. My heart is heavy. What a week this is turning out to be. I have so many friends who are going through so much. A big part of me is overwhelmed, but I am also grateful to walk through these journeys with them. In the past week alone I have different friends who have:

1. Had their house go into forclosure.
2. Had her husband ask her for a divorce. Then the next morning had a serious garage fire in their house.
3. Been diagnosed with skin cancer.
4. Had their 4 yr old daughter diagnosed with leukemia.

I am often without words when talking to these 4 friends of mine. That's probably how it should be. I don't know what they are going through. I haven't been there. I can't empathize. I can only give a listening ear. I can only tell them that I'm sorry for what they are going through. I can only offer to watch their kids if they need a break, or clean their house, or pack their belongings or just sit and cry with them. And I can hope that through prayers and just "being there", and sharing where our true source of hope is, that is enough. It's all that I know how to do.


Psalm 25:4-6

4
Show me the right path, O Lord;
point out the road for me to follow.
5 Lead me by your truth and teach me,
for you are the God who saves me.
All day long I put my hope in you.
6 Remember, O Lord, your compassion and unfailing love,
which you have shown from long ages past.

No comments: