Tuesday, November 20, 2007

If you're going to see a movie this weekend.....


Then go see Bella.

I saw this movie a few days ago, and it was wonderful. I had never heard of it until my friend invited me to go to the movies with her. We were going to see something else, but it was sold out when we got there. Being that it was 9pm, our choices were limited, so we settled on "Bella". We weren't disappointed.

"Bella" is not your typical, big-budget, Hollywood film. It has an "art-film" feel about it, with the cinematography giving you the feeling that you are part of the story. In a nutshell, it is about a woman in NYC who finds herself pregnant and without a job. A man that she used to work with befriends her and they spend the day together. She is set on getting an abortion, and he doesn't argue with her. Instead, he takes her to lunch and gets her a job. He then takes her to meet his family. Through a series of events, she discovers unconditional friendship and love from this friend and his family. Equally, the man experiences much needed healing from a tragic event in his past.

I know I'm being kind of vague, but I don't want to give all the details away. But this is an excellent choice for this weekend, and you will be touched from having seen it. Please go here to see if it's playing in your area.

No comments: